Enter your email address here if you want to follow Foggy via email

Wednesday, 19 July 2017

Not doing as I'm told!

Morning!

So, Foggy is currently on his way to Bristol to meet up with Poppy, who will be taking him to Tuscany for an Italian adventure in a few days. I'm awake at stupid o'clock again so thought I would write you lovely people a blog!

For the past 6 weeks or so, my life has been a bit topsy-turvy. I have been doing the complete opposite of pacing (as hard as I tried, it just wasn't happening). I knew Foggy was coming back and was trying to get stuff done in slow time so I wouldn't have a mountain to do when his campaigning started again. All I've actually done is found a mountain-sized lump of stuff to do each day over a longer time-frame! I kept finding more....and more...stuff to do! 

I've been trying to find a way to step Foggy up to the next level. I've applied for schemes and awards. Not for recognition but for additional publicity and awareness-raising. This has meant networking and awards events (I was unsuccessful - sorry! I tried) and applications for proper grown-up stuff that mean days out and lots of travel (by my standards anyway!). 

This extra activity has meant I have been experiencing 'crash and burn'. When I crash...I CRASH. I am finding that the symptom of disequilibrium is quite bad at the moment. Feeling very disconnected from everything. When I am stumbling, zombie-like, to my bed at around 2pm every day for a 'power nap (HA!) I feel as if my head isn't quite connected to my body. I can't string a coherent thought together and if there was anyone around to talk to I think I would just grunt because of a temporary lack of brain power. I have complete zero energy at that point. My body has been melting into the mattress as I sink into oblivion for a few hours. Despite my nap, I am still exhausted by 9.30pm with the desperate need to get horizontal. Anyone who doesn't know what that feels like..... it's as if your head is a bowling ball on a toothpick and the weight is too much for your neck/spine to bear and you need to lay down flat to alleviate that feeling. 

Anyway, now that the merchandise is sorted (Don't forget to check out Foggy's shop on mefoggydog.org! All designed by moi - all profits will be going to the ME Association for research purposes), Foggy's itinerary is slowly being filled (details below) and many of my appointments have been and gone, hopefully I
can settle back into 'normality' now! I've been trying to explain to non-Foggy Followers exactly what it is that Foggy and I actually DO. They initially say 'so you are a fundraiser?'. I suppose on paper it might seem that way but I think we are soooooooo...ooooooo much more than that! Aren't we? I'm putting at least 2 hours work in per day to keep Foggy working at full steam ahead pace. I don't know how I would describe our voluntary work, it's hard work but very rewarding...whatever people want to call it.

So, this is Foggy's itinerary from today's date - 

TUSCANY - Back to Foggy HQ around 7th August
7th August - 19th August -AVAILABLE
23rd August - 3rd September - IRELAND
3rd September - 10th September - AVAILABLE
14th September - 22nd September - QE2
25th September - 6th October - CALIFORNIA
10th October - 19th October - PORTUGAL
25th October - 18th November - CUBA
19th November - 15th December - AVAILABLE
16th December - 17th December - THAILAND (dates to be confirmed)

Foggy has nothing booked in for 2018 yet. Get in touch if you would like to Foggy-sit! 250,000 miles here he comes! Foggy has only been globetrotting for a couple of weeks and has already visited the Netherlands and Iceland so we are off to a great start! I don't know his current mileage as I've not had travel info from his Iceland sitter (I think they may have ventured to Norway too if the photos are anything to go by...the photo on this blog was taken in Bergen - I Googled it...that's in Norway 👀.) . I'll update his mileage when I can.

We have had one online donation since this campaign started, and that was from my Auntie, please do donate and make our hard work worthwhile. I know it's a year-long campaign but please don't leave donating until the end! Donate via mefoggydog.org. If you live in the UK you can also donate by text. If you would like to donate £5 simply text FDWT52 5 to 70070 (you can donate £1, £3, £5, or £10 - alter your text accordingly).

Thank you!

Love

Sally xxx
and Foggy (OBVIOUSLY) xx

1 comment:

  1. Oh sweetie, I'm sorry you are going through such a bad crash. Is there anyone - someone who isn't sick - who can help you out? There is A LOT for you to carry alone ESPECIALLY given your fragile wellness. But boy can I ever relate to your drive and determination, and your ensuing symptoms. I was like that with my chronic pain site but ultimately had to shut everything down (for a variety of reasons). You are so blessed to have the support of your family. That's an incredible gift.
    Yes, you ARE much more than a fundraiser! You are bringing so much awareness to this incomprehensible illness. Heck, those of us who have it often can't believe how ridiculous it can get! You are doing great work. Just please take care of yourself and try to enlist some help. Yes, I do worry about you ❤️.
    Hugs,
    Kristina (BC)

    ReplyDelete