Enter your email address here if you want to follow Foggy via email

Friday, 9 June 2017

Whirlwind!

Hello!

So much has been happening in the past couple of weeks. I figured it was time to let you all know about all of the small, but significant, developments made getting ready for Foggy's launch on 5th July.

So, where to begin! I guess many of you will have seen Foggy's logo? He's not had one before so
Team Foggy is very excited! It will be great to add to the 'brand' and it will make anything Foggy does instantly recognisable. So you should see this logo everywhere! Thank you to Ali Schillemore (Twitter @AliSchillemore) for donating her time, energy and expertise for free to help our cause.

Now I have the logo sorted, I will be sorting Foggy's business cards, flyers, global travel bag etc.

Foggy LOVES cake. One of the first things he asked me to organise for his launch was a yummy dog-themed cake for his partygoers to enjoy. So, I contacted Jack Preston at Sweet Science Patisserie. You can see from his Facebook page - his cakes are delicious creations! Jack is donating this cake to our cause. Thank you Jack.

I want the launch party to be great fun with fantastic music. A young singer called Chloe Anne was recommended to me. She is a local Portsmouth musician and is extremely talented. She has also volunteered her services for free. She will be performing with my friend Ian Thomas who will accompany her on Saxophone. It will be great live music! Take a look at Chloe Anne's Facebook page.

I want the launch party to be great fun! With that in mind, my friend Laura Rose has offered the use of her vintage VW camper/photo booth services for the evening. She owns Lulubelle's Limousine, her camper is usually used at weddings and events to add photo fun! So, come along and play around with photos and props!

Next, the raffle had to be organised. I figured it was a good/simple way to raise cash on the night to get Foggy's fund off to a great start. I underestimated how much work is involved when trying to get businesses to donate prizes. It is particularly tricky when the cause is an invisible illness that is rarely understood! I listed the donors in my previous blog so won't do that again here. But, I would like to say again how grateful I am for their generosity. I have a number of supermarket and Amazon vouchers so will be able to buy prizes closer to the event too. Today, a bottle of London Dry Gin arrived in the post, not for my own personal consumption unfortunately! Thank you to Sipsmith for the donation (Found on NotontheHighStreet).

I am not liking promoting the launch party. It reminds me of past birthday parties - personality contest! Free tickets are being booked slowly and steadily but there are still a lot left. Book tickets HERE!  Please share this blog and encourage friends and family to attend. It would be an awful shame if not many people came after all of this effort! I have promoted it everywhere I can think of so now Team Foggy have to keep their paws crossed!

One bit of fab news is that Foggy will have an official promo video. Susan from Elephant in Scarlett, a local video production business, came to Foggy HQ last week and filmed Foggy and I. Footage will be turned into a short clip explaining what ME Foggy Dog is, for anyone who hasn't come across us before. This is a fab development and will certainly help to promote the Foggy 'brand'. Susan will also be filming the launch party and broadcast the event on Facebook Live. I had planned on filming it on my phone but, thanks to Susan, footage will now be of a good quality! However, the venue doesn't have wifi.......  Another issue to be overcome but... it'll be fine!

Finally....MERCHANDISE!! I have discovered bulk shipping. This will make selling stuff a lot simpler and I won't have to sell a certain amount before having them printed and shipped. My last venture into merchandise was a bit of a nightmare. This new way will be sooo much better! I will be launching the merchandise during the launch party. Foggy's 'shop' will be 'opened' on the website, mefoggydog.org, on the day of the launch! I will set prices low enough to make £1.50 profit on each item. That profit will be added to Foggy's fund. You can choose from mugs, t-shirts, vests and hoodies. At the moment, there are 3 different designs that cater for men and women.

There is also something top secret going on that COULD be very exciting. More info to come if I am successful.

Phew! This blog sums up my past month or so! 

Thank you for following Foggy....July 5th here he comes!

Sally (and Foggy....obviously)

No comments:

Post a Comment