Enter your email address here if you want to follow Foggy via email

Tuesday, 23 May 2017

Charity Raffle Prize Donations

Hello,

As you will probably be aware, I have spent quite a lot of time over the past month or so contacting various businesses asking if they would like to donate a raffle prize for Foggy's raffle in return for free promotion on Foggy's online stuff.

I have had a great response from supermarkets to beauty salons. Foggy Followers and my own family members have donated vouchers for me to buy prizes for the raffle. I am very grateful for everyone's generosity. However, I wanted to write this blog because a number of businesses have said that they only support children's charities, I want to explain something.

I completely understand what they mean by 'children's charities' but, do they know that M.E (or the
ridiculous C.F.S) is the major cause of childhood school absenteeism in the UK? M.E IS a childhood illness (in part). So, we may not be a neo-natal unit or be specifically aimed at children but the ME Association does support children with their work.

I have contacted well over 150 organisations and had positive replies from 10. M.E is not a trendy illness. We are invisible and misunderstood, and so getting positive responses was always going to be an uphill struggle.

Other news - 
The launch is getting bigger!!
We will have live music from a very talented young lady called Chloe Anne -Click the link to see her Facebook page.Chloe Anne She will be supported by Ian Thomas, a friend of mine, Former RM Musician and great Saxophonist.

The event will be screened live on Facebook Live. I was going to film it via my phone but after meeting up with Sue from Elephant in Scarlett (a video production company who is generously going to film a Foggy promo video free of charge) it will now be filmed using a top quality camera to make sure it's of a decent quality. So, if you can't come on the night you can watch it from home (Please come if you can though)!

My friend Laura Rose owns a campervan/limousine business and has offered the use of her gorgeous red vintage camper van at the start of the evening. So, anyone who attends the launch can have their photo taken with Foggy inside/outside of the van when they arrive. Great fun! Laura will also be bringing her photo booth (usually used at weddings) so we can all have fun with photos on the night. I'll be supplying props etc.

There will be a 20 minute talk from me OBVIOUSLY. I want to raise some awareness as well as raise money.

The charity raffle will have a minimum of 15 quality prizes so it will be well worth buying a ticket or 10! You've got to be in it to win it!

There will be a cake! Sweet Science Patisserie is donating a dog themed cake for the event. Foggy LOVES cake! Thank you, Jack, for your generosity.

Here is the link to Foggy's Launch Party - He hopes you can come!! It'll be a lot of fun!
'Buy' your free ticket by clicking the link and booking.  Foggy's Launch Party The venue has allowed 120 guests. I want to fill that room!

Love,

Sally xx


No comments:

Post a Comment